June 11, 2012 PDL--Hamilton FC Rage vs Toronto Lynx (from Hamilton FC website)

Toronto Upsets Hamilton with Stoppage Time Winner
A Toronto corner kick in the final minute of stoppage time was headed into the net as the Lynx upset Hamilton FC 
in a 2-1 victory.

Hamilton had a flurry of good chances in the opening half including several shots that just missed their mark. 
Scott McMcoubrey's attempt 12' sailed wide of the net on a long pass from the HFC keeper. Several headers also 
sailed away from the net including a kick on by Josh Bennett at the 38' mark.
Miroslav Cabrilo finally put in the go-ahead goal for Hamilton at 40' of the first half. Scott McCoubrey sent 
the ball into the 18 yard box to the waiting Cabrilo who headed the ball nicely into the net.

Hamilton took a 1-0 lead into halftime.

The Toronto Lynx tied the game at the 68’ mark after Conor Hurley made a flurry of saves. The ball bounced over 
Hurley’s head and was moments from entering the net when a quick thinking Hamilton defender slid to kick the ball 
wide of the net. The ensuing Toronto corner was knocked around several times, including a fantastic effort on the 
part of Hamilton’s keeper, but the pressure paid off for Toronto as Callum Home put the ball in.
A scary collision right at the 90’ point in the game put a halt to action and left a Toronto player motionless 
on the field. HFC forward Adam Bond challenged Toronto Keeper Ben Ur for the ball in the dying seconds 
of regulation. Toronto defender Konner McNamara also went for the ball and took the worst of the impact between 
the three players.

Bond immediately yelled to the sidelines for medical help as the referees called a stop to the match. It looked 
as though McNamara had landed on his neck coming down to the ground after the collision. Paramedics were called 
to the field and McNamara was taken to a nearby hospital.

After a thirty minute stoppage, time wound down in the two minutes of added time. It looked as though the game 
would end in a draw but that would not be the case. In the 91st minute James Gilvany headed the ball into the net 
for victory from a corner kick by Mackenzie Wilde. Hamilton made one last rush down the field and shot on goal, 
but the ball sailed wide as time expired.

The hard fought loss drops Hamilton to 2-4-1 on the season while the match was Toronto’s first win of the year. 
The Lynx are now 1-5-1.

The men of HFC combined for ten shots on goal. William Grocott and Scott McCoubrey both had two shots in the game 
while Chris Brown, Stephen Powell, Adam Camillo, Miroslav Cabrilo and Khody Ellis also registered shots on goal. 
Keeper Conor Hurley made eight saves, including several spectacular diving plays.

Next up Hamilton FC will host the Cincinnati Kings this Friday June 19th from Ron Joyce Stadium. Kickoff 
is set for 8pm.
Game reports courtesy of Jason Nason, Hamilton SportsXpress Media
 Neil Brown
 Hamilton FC 

back to Lynx menu